SUMMER SALE >
Cheese & Cranberry Granola Bites for dogs
This is for Poppy 'Popstar' Whippet who just asked us for this Granola recipe after she saw a photo we posted of the Granola Bites on our Charley Chau Facebook page!
We've been baking yummies for friends as a thank you gift and they have three lovely hounds so we baked some yummies for them too - Charley, Anna, Tino & Theo's face Cheese & Cranberry Granola Bites ...
- 2 cups of Jumbo Oats
- 1 cup of Dried Cranberries
- 1/2 cup of Sunflower Seeds
- 1 200g tub of Soft Cream Cheese
- 2 tablespoons of Grated Cheddar
- 2 tablespoons of Honey
You will need:
- A big mixing bowl & wooden spoon or spatula
- Two baking trays - or one if baking in batches
- An airtight container for storage
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Put everything into a bowl and mix it up - you might want to use your hands as it should come together as a stiff "dough"
- Pull off little bits (about the size of a 20p piece), keep them rough and ready as opposed to rolling them into neat little balls, and line them up on a non-stick baking tray with space in between each or they won't go nice and brown in the oven
- Bake for 12-15 mins until they are a golden brown, whip them out of the oven and let them cool right down
Store in an airtight container. The Granola keeps longer if stored in the fridge too. And the raw Granola mix can be frozen in a lump for laters - just defrost thoroughly before baking.
Hope you love them as much as our four monkeys do, Poppy!